Work permit

All prostitution activity is employment as defined by the Residency Law (since 01.01.05, formerly Foreigners Law). To carry out prostitution on a non self-employed basis, that means with a working contract (includes verbal agreements) a work permit is required. Exempt from this law are foreign citizens from the old EU states (France, Great Britain, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Liechtenstein). The work permit is issued by the aliens’ office together with the residency permit. For prostitutes from Poland it will not be possible to work on a non self-employed basis (with a working contract) before the end of 2011.