Residency permit

Foreign nationals require a residency permit if they wish to work in prostitution in Germany. All prostitution activity is employment as defined by the Residency Law. The residency permit is granted in accordance with the purpose of residency, e.g. to take up employment. Nationals of EU states do not require a residency permit. However this does not apply to the countries which recently acceded to the EU, see european prostitute.